When you invest in a Nansemond-Suffolk Academy education, you ensure that your child will receive an unparalleled learning experience where students are engaged, inspired and empowered.
We understand that for most families, investing in an independent school education requires careful consideration and thoughtful planning. A commitment to make Nansemond-Suffolk Academy affordable to all qualified students is an essential element of Nansemond-Suffolk Academy’s mission. To make our college preparatory program accessible to a wider range of families, we offer a tuition range (based on demonstrated financial need) to provide talented, ambitious students and their families an opportunity to become a part of the Saints family. We look forward to partnering with you, so your student has access to an affordable, yet excellent education at NSA!
Private school is an investment that we have chosen to make. I could not have spent my money better. To know that my kids are happy, self-assured, safe, challenged and that they are going in the direction that we wanted is priceless.NSA Parent
|Tuition Schedule: 2021-2022|
|Pre-Kindergarten 2 and 3 (3 days a week)||$8,720|
|Pre-Kindergarten 2 and 3 (5 days a week)||$9,720|
|Kindergarten||$7,023* - $14,045|
|Grades 1 - 3||$7,378* - $14,755|
|Grades 4 - 5||$7,663* - $15,325|
|Grades 6 - 8||$8,233* - $16,465|
|Grades 9 - 12||$9,245* - $18,490|
*The tuition range is based on demonstrated financial need.
Nansemond-Suffolk Academy offers need-based tuition assistance to families to reduce the cost of tuition. They are awarded solely on the basis of need, which is defined as the difference between the tuition rate for a student and the family’s ability to pay that rate. In order to determine a family’s ability to pay, the school uses an independent service, School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS), through the National Association of Independent Schools. More than 2,400 schools subscribe to SSS for objective, third party financial needs assessment to determine a family’s ability to contribute to educational expenses. NSA requires families to complete the online tuition assistance application through SSS.
We recognize that the decision to enroll your child at Nansemond-Suffolk Academy is an investment in his/her future. We take our role seriously as stewards of your investment and look forward to partnering with each family to achieve your child’s educational goals.
Tuition assistance awards do not have to be repaid, and the committee keeps financial information confidential. Tuition assistance is a separate process from the admissions process; however, families must indicate the intent to enroll by returning the enrollment contract before assistance will be determined (we understand that your decision might be contingent upon the award).
of families receive need-based tuition assistance
Tuition assistance awarded in 2020
Apply for Tuition Assistance
Here is a general guide to completing the tuition assistance process:
- Complete the online application for admission to Nansemond-Suffolk Academy.
- Visit sssbynais.org to complete the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) and submit the $55 application fee. Please use our school code, 5263, to indicate that your results should be sent to Nansemond-Suffolk Academy.
- Upload last year's tax returns and any other supporting documents that may be necessary to verify asset ownership, court-mandated support, etc. in the "Manage Documents" section.
Please note that awards cannot be calculated until all three steps have been completed.
Tuition Assistance Determination
The school must have the following to determine awards:
- Report of Family Contribution (per student) – from SSS
- Copy of the previous year’s tax return from both of the student's parents or guardians
- Any additional documents requested by the school to verify asset ownership (court mandated support, etc.
- Please note that the enrollment contract must be submitted to the Office of Admissions with the intention of enrolling at NSA for the upcoming school year before tuition assistance will be determined