When you invest in a Nansemond-Suffolk Academy education, you ensure that your child will receive an unparalleled learning experience where students are engaged, inspired and empowered.
We understand that for most families, investing in an independent school education requires careful consideration and thoughtful planning. A commitment to make Nansemond-Suffolk Academy affordable to all qualified students is an essential element of Nansemond-Suffolk Academy’s mission. To make our college preparatory program accessible to a wider range of families, we offer a tuition range (based on demonstrated financial need) to provide talented, ambitious students and their families an opportunity to become a part of the Saints family. We look forward to partnering with you, so your student has access to an affordable, yet excellent education at NSA!
Private school is an investment that we have chosen to make. I could not have spent my money better. To know that my kids are happy, self-assured, safe, challenged and that they are going in the direction that we wanted is priceless.NSA Parent
|Tuition Schedule: 2023-2024|
|Pre-Kindergarten 2 and 3 (3 days a week)||$9,910|
|Pre-Kindergarten 2 and 3 (5 days a week)||$11,035|
|Grades 1 - 3||$16,455|
|Grades 4 - 5||$17,085|
|Grades 6 - 8||$18,345|
|Grades 9 - 12||$20,585|
Nansemond-Suffolk Academy offers need-based tuition assistance to families to reduce the cost of tuition. They are awarded solely on the basis of need, which is defined as the difference between the tuition rate for a student and the family’s ability to pay that rate. In order to determine a family’s ability to pay, the school uses an independent service, School and Student Services for Financial Aid (SSS), through the National Association of Independent Schools. More than 2,400 schools subscribe to SSS for objective, third party financial needs assessment to determine a family’s ability to contribute to educational expenses. NSA requires families to complete the online tuition assistance application through SSS.
We recognize that the decision to enroll your child at Nansemond-Suffolk Academy is an investment in his/her future. We take our role seriously as stewards of your investment and look forward to partnering with each family to achieve your child’s educational goals.
Tuition assistance awards do not have to be repaid, and the committee keeps financial information confidential. Tuition assistance is a separate process from the admissions process.
of students receive need-based tuition assistance
Tuition assistance awarded in 2022
Apply for Tuition Assistance
Please contact the Office of Admissions to begin the admissions process prior to applying for tuition assistance.
Here is a general guide to completing the tuition assistance process:
- Complete the online application for admission to Nansemond-Suffolk Academy.
- Visit the SSS family portal to create your family portal account, complete the Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) and submit the $60 application fee. Please use our school code, 5263, to indicate that your application should be sent to Nansemond-Suffolk Academy.
- Please be sure to upload your most recent federal tax return and other supporting documents that may be required into the "My Documents" section of your family portal account in SSS. If you have not yet completed or have requested an extension to file your current year tax return, you may submit your prior year tax return along with your current year W-2, 1099 and/or K-1, as applicable. Tax documentation must be submitted for your application to be considered complete and begin the review process to determine eligibility for this need-based tuition assistance.
NSA will begin reviewing applications for tuition assistance for the 23-24 academic year once tuition rates are set by our Board of Trustees and published in January, 2023.
**Returning families interested in tuition assistance for the 23-24 academic year should submit their tuition assistance application to SSS no later than the re-enrollment contract due date for returning families. Timely submission of your tuition assistance application and required tax documentation will also ensure appropriate tuition billing adjustments are completed on your account to reflect any approved tuition assistance. Billing adjustments begin on July 1, 2023.
Tuition Assistance Determination
The school must have the following to determine awards:
- Report of Family Contribution (per student) – from SSS
- Copy of the most recent federal tax return from both of the student's parents or guardians
- Any additional documents that may be requested by the school to determine need-based eligibility.