Join the NSA Family
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Nansemond-Suffolk Academy! We strive to have a talented and diverse team in place to effectively deliver quality programs and exceptional student experiences.
We require our faculty and staff to recognize the commitment to serve as both teachers and role models, who are passionate about their profession and growth and are committed to the principles and values of NSA. We foster a culture of innovative teaching methods, provide ongoing professional development, support professional growth and celebrate the teacher as a mentor, guide, coach and inspirer to help students achieve their potential.
Qualified candidates interested in applying for employment at NSA are requested to view the detailed job description for the specific requirements and qualifications for each position. Please submit the requested information, along with a completed NSA employment application to Angie Thompson, director of finance and accounting, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middle School Language Arts Teacher, 2023-2024 Academic Year
Part-Time Pre-Kindergarten Resources Teacher, 2023-2024 Academic Year
Pre-Kindergarten Teaching Assistant, 2023-2024 Academic Year
Middle School Math Teacher, 2023-2024 Academic Year
Varsity Field Hockey - Head Coach
Extended Day Group Leader - Main and Harbour View Campus
Live Streaming Coordinator
Substitute Teacher, Main and Harbour View Campus
Bus Driver for Athletic Events
Route Bus Driver
Angie Thompson '01
Director of Finance and Accounting
(757)539-8789 ext. 3343
Benefits at a Glance
NSA offers the following benefits to eligible employees:
- Group health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability and accident insurance
- Flexible benefits plan
- Paid time off/vacation
- Post-graduate and continuing education tuition reimbursement
- New hire mentoring program
- Discounted employee meals
- Tuition remission/registration fee waiver for enrolled child(ren)
- Extended care, supervised study and bus service for enrolled child(ren)
- Worker's compensation
- Legal resources
Characteristics of Professional Excellence
The following “Characteristics of Professional Excellence” serve as guiding principles for the faculty and staff members of NSA. We believe these guiding principles help to perpetuate a more intentional culture within NSA, including a shared purpose and standards among all faculty and staff members.
- Act with Honor Above All.
- Be professional, be prepared, be punctual, be present and be pleasant.
- Perpetuate a shared vision across the school.
- Put our students first, appreciate their individuality and help students maximize their potential.
- Maintain an environment where every NSA family member feels safe, valued and connected.
- Make every action and word count to make a positive and lasting impact.
- Strive for excellence in all we do by having a growth mindset, by embracing change and by being flexible.
- Embrace your responsibility as a role model in setting high standards of character for yourself and others.
- Nurture relationships and build trust with students, other faculty and staff members as well as the NSA community.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by being supportive of all NSA team members and by taking pride in your work.
- Responsibly manage NSA's resources for a viable future.
- Act as an ambassador for NSA in the community and share the NSA experience!
- Find joy in what you do, embrace balance in your life and encourage others to do the same.
- Choose to be extraordinary!