Join the NSA Family
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Nansemond-Suffolk Academy! We strive to have a talented and diverse team in place to effectively deliver quality programs and exceptional student experiences.
We require our faculty and staff to recognize the commitment to serve as both teachers and role models, who are passionate about their profession and growth and are committed to the principles and values of NSA. We foster a culture of innovative teaching methods, provide ongoing professional development, support professional growth and celebrate the teacher as a mentor, guide, coach and inspirer to help students achieve their potential.
Qualified candidates interested in applying for employment at NSA are requested to view the detailed job description for the specific requirements and qualifications for each position. Please submit the requested information, along with a completed NSA employment application to Amy Morrell, executive administrator, Office of the Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits at a Glance
NSA offers the following benefits to eligible employees:
- Group health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability and accident insurance
- Flexible benefits plan
- Paid time off/vacation
- Post-graduate and continuing education tuition reimbursement
- New hire mentoring program
- Discounted employee meals
- Tuition remission/registration fee waiver for enrolled child(ren)
- Extended care, supervised study and bus service for enrolled child(ren)
- Worker's compensation
- Legal resources
Characteristics of Professional Excellence
The following “Characteristics of Professional Excellence” serve as guiding principles for the faculty and staff members of NSA. We believe these guiding principles help to perpetuate a more intentional culture within NSA, including a shared purpose and standards among all faculty and staff members.
- Perpetuate a shared vision across the school.
- Act with Honor Above All.
- Put our students first, appreciate their differences and help each student maximize his/her individual potential.
- Maintain an environment in which our students feel safe, valued and connected to those around them allowing them to thrive.
- Make every action and word count. What we say and do can have a lasting impact on our students as well as their experience at NSA.
- Strive for excellence in all we do by having a growth mindset and being committed to change.
- Embrace your responsibility as a role model in setting high standards of character for yourself and others.
- Nurture relationships and build trust with students, other faculty and staff members as well as the NSA community.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by encouraging others to try new things and being supportive of all other NSA team members.
- Responsibly manage NSA’s resources for a viable future.
- Act as an ambassador for NSA in the community and share stories about what our students are achieving!
- Enjoy what you do, find balance in your life and encourage others to do the same!